What’s it like to work at OMS? A little nerdy- we talk about tax withholdings, PTO accruals, classification codes, policy carve-outs and carriers. It’s a friendly, casual atmosphere with lots of character. OMS was named one of the Best Places to Work by Career Source Polk, and most of our staff have been employed here for quite a long time. We enjoy having luncheons, celebrating milestones, and dressing up crazy at Halloween. We take pride in our work, and we patiently cultivate relationships with long-time customers, learning their names and delivering a superb boutique payroll experience. OMS is a place where you can really be yourself and drink unlimited coffee. We have lots of coffee machines!
We’re hiring a Payroll Specialist
Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production and commissions. May compute post wages and deductions or prepare paychecks. Ensure accurate timely deductions for clients and support the benefits department through understanding the workflow and administration.
- Manage daily OI’s for weekly and biweekly deductions.
- Set up deductions codes for new and existing clients with new plans. Manage non-benefit payroll clients as requested.
- Input deductions and recaptures in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate the setup of each deduction (and recapture) to the payroll specialist, employee, and client
- Run the recapture report weekly, review it for all clients and help to ensure that all recaptures are accurate by the payroll team
- Run deduction report to track, record, and reconcile deductions codes
- Process and update HSA, FSA, 401k, etc. with new annual limitations.
- Integrate monthly enrollment spreadsheet from benefits and audit. Verify the first payroll with new rates.
- Reconcile renewals and audit monthly bills for purposes of enrollments for clients and document any issues.
- Handle policy, billing issues and assist in servicing of OMS Employer Services benefit products (BNLAC, Colonial, and AFLAC).
- Assist in the payroll process of handling deductions ensuring accuracy, timeliness and we are consistent under the 125 or other state or federal regulations.
- Backup for receptionist and answer incoming calls, determine the purpose of calls, and forwards/transfer voice mail to the appropriate employee or department. Maintain a daily list of employee schedules to ensure calls are handled appropriately. This includes meetings, appointments, etc.
- Organize and coordinate activities in the payroll department, including recommending, documenting, and implementing procedures for increased accuracy, efficiency and accountability.
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations within the payroll department. Ensuring that all payrolls have been completed in a timely manner and are accurate on a daily basis.
- Compile, prepare and reconcile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, and 401(k) deductions.
- Calculate changes to pay rates based on time off, overtime, etc.
- Communicate with employees to help them understand their paycheck and any changes that may occur.
- Gather data from multiple sources, and work with many employees and pay scales while keeping it all organized
- Back up to set up clients in Darwin in accordance with Company procedures.
- Research payroll issues and help with the resolutions to ensure that the clients’ expectations are met.
- Manage difficult or emotional client/employee situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service and responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Work closely with the Payroll and Accounting Department to resolve problems within a 24 to 48-hour period.
- Contribute to client, team, and management by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- 5 years accounting and/or payroll experience
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is helpful but not required
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to develop spreadsheets, databases, charts, and other complex worksheets in Excel.
- Must have extensive knowledge with formatting, tables, and using other tools in Word.
- Ability to handle high volume work and multitask
- Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and deadline-driven environment
- Professional business demeanor
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Time Responsibility:
You are responsible to record all hours worked accurately and correctly without exception. You understand that OMS Group Inc. is relying on your record of hours worked in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.